Decorating Your New Hamilton Apartment
Category : Blog
After you’ve leased one of the many great apartments for rent Hamilton and moved in, you’ll probably look around and wonder how to make the space feel more like home. It’s a common issue renters run into, and figuring out how to jazz up your apartment and add character while still ensuring that you get your deposit back can be tricky. Here are some things to consider while decorating your apartment.
- Comb through your lease before you do anything. Many renters are surprised to find that their lease allows for hanging items or even painting. However, there will always be stipulations attached, such as needing to remove any nails or screws before moving out and being required to paint the walls back to their original color once your lease is up.
- Don’t automatically think you can’t paint. Painting a rental is an excellent way to add style and personality to it, even if you only paint an accent wall or a small portion of the apartment. If your lease says nothing about whether painting is okay, ask your landlord. Offering to paint the walls back to their previous color could make your landlord more apt to agree, as can promising to use a professional calgary painting contractors so the job looks great.
- Adhesive wall hooks are perfect for decorating in a rental. These days, you can find a wide variety of decorative adhesive hooks that can be removed without a trace once your lease it up. Use these to store your keys, bags, and provide a space for guests to hang their coats without a coat rack taking up valuable floor space. Adhesive hooks can also be used to hang up wreaths, banners, and other decorative items without using nails and screws.
- Get creative with your wall hangings. Framed pictures aren’t the only thing you can use to make your walls look less bare. Consider putting up panels of fabric in a print that you like, clipboards that hold your favorite graphic art, wreaths, and other items.
- Add color with throws and pillows. If you can’t paint your walls and are forbidden from using nails or screws to hang decor, your next best bet is to pick out or make throw pillows that will add color to your apartment and help personalize it. Throw blankets and pillows can be used to make bedrooms, living rooms, and even dining areas look better.