New regulation regarding Certificate of Vietnam visa exemption
Category : Blog
The Government has issued Decree No. 82/2015 / ND-CP on the exemption of visas for Vietnam residing abroad and foreigners are spouses, children of Vietnam residing abroad , which entered into force on 15.11.2015. Vietnam embassy in Canada is pleased to introduce a number of the main contents of the Decree and several new features compared to the current regulations on visa exemption.
Basically, Decree 82/2015 / ND-CP of the Government inherited the majority of the provisions of Decision No 135/2007 / QD-TTg of the Prime Minister issued the Regulation on visa exemption for Vietnamese South abroad, as follows:
1. The visa exemption:
Vietnam persons residing abroad have passports or valid documents for international travel by the competent authorities of foreign countries and foreigners are spouses, their children; foreigners are spouses, children of Vietnam nationals are exempt from visa in Vietnam.
Who are exempt from visa requirements to the procedures for depositing the relevant authorities (Embassy, ??Consulate General of Vietnam) for granting (Book) Visa exemption prescribed.
2. Conditions for visa exemption: The exemption of visa requirements must fulfill the following requirements:
i. A passport or valid documents for international travel are worth at least 01 years ( the new location than before ) .
ii. Have proof eligible for visa-free according to paragraph 1 above.
iii. None of the cases are not for entry and exit suspension prescribed.
3. Duration, value and appearance of the visa waiver
– Visa exemption certificates with a term not exceeding 05 years and a shorter duration of use of passports or valid documents for international travel of persons granted at least 06 months.
– Be granted visa exemption certificates for entry into Vietnam visit, relatives, settling personal affairs.
– Be granted visa exemption certificates to passports except for some special cases will be issued separately.
– Be granted visa exemption certificates for each person. Children who share their parents’ passports are granted visa-free with parent.
4. Dossiers for granting visa exemption
i. Passports or valid documents for international travel or permanent residence permit papers by the competent authorities of foreign countries to Vietnam residing abroad.
ii. The declaration of the issuance, re-issuance of visa exemption with 02 images (01 images pasted in the declaration).
iii. Documents evidencing that the granting of visa-free:
– The Vietnam residing abroad submit certified copies from originals or enclosed with the original for comparison with one of the following documents: birth certificate, let alone Vietnam nationality or certificate Vietnam nationality, other papers Vietnam recorded nationality or citizenship values ??Vietnam proved his past;
– Foreigners submit authenticated copies of originals or enclosed with the original for comparison proof that spouses and children of citizens of Vietnam or from Vietnam residing abroad;
– Where there is no proof of Vietnam who settled abroad, the competent authorities of Vietnam visa abroad based on the value of the proposed papers stating litigants is a native of Vietnam to consider and decide on the admission records.
5. Fee: The application for issuance of a visa exemption must pay a fee as prescribed.
6. The temporary residence upon entry into Vietnam
Who enter the country with a visa waiver are control units Immigration granted temporary residence certificates 06 months for each entry ( new compared to the previous point ) ; if the visa waiver for less than 06 months remaining, the temporary residence certificate by the duration of the visa waiver. Where the entry visa-free paper needs to stay on 06 May, agency, organization or individual in Vietnam guarantees and there are legitimate reasons to be considered and resolved not to renew the temporary residence more than 06 months.
Upon expiration of temporary residence, they may request the extension of temporary residence and apply for extension of temporary residence at the Immigration Department or the Immigration Division of Administration Police provinces and cities directly under the Central Government.
7. Effect : Decree 82/2015 / ND-CP takes effect from the date of 11.15.2015.
Thus, the process and procedures for applying for a visa exemption certificate under Decree No. 82/2015 / ND-CP of the Government remains as stipulated in Decision 135/2007 / QD-TTg of the Prime Minister before thick. A new feature worth noting is the time to stay in Vietnam for each entry is extended to 6 months and can be renewed once for up to 6 months to come. In addition, the applicant’s passport visa exemption must be valid for at least 01 years from the date of the application for issuance of a visa exemption .